Contact: carlos @ iexpertos . com
I am a passionate software developer. I also teach other developers to build better software tools. I offer development and training services.
- If you want to outsource the development of a software product, my network of trusted professionals and I will be happy to handle it. We'll be happy to provide references from our satisfied customers.
- If you need an additional seasoned developer for a particular project, you can count on me as a contractor.
- I run training courses on Test Driven Development for development teams. The course covers clean code and design principles.
- I mentor other developers writing code with them. I pair with people frequently over the Internet.
- I coach teams to help them internalize the agile values and principles.
- Diseño Agil con TDD (first book on TDD in the Spanish language)
- TDD with Django and Python (XP Conference 2011) - English
- Sesion Q&A sobre agilidad y TDD en la ULPGC - Spanish
- Primer factors kata (screencast) - Just coding
- Introduccion a TDD (video) - Spanish
- Hace falta ser un super heroe para practicar XP? (video) - Spanish
- Hace falta ser un super heroe para practicar XP? (audio) - Spanish
- Webinar sobre TDD (audio) - Spanish
- Podcast de Java Hispano sobre TDD (audio) - Spanish
- Podcast de 32minutos sobre mocks, stubs y espias (audio) - Spanish
- Diseño Agil con TDD - Spanish
- pyDoubles, doubles for Python (AgileRecord magazine #7) - English
- Agile practices for revision control (AgileRecord magazine #9) - English
- Refactoring to combinators (AgileRecord magazine #16) - English
My current open source projects:
- PassiveView.js - jQuery wrapper for unit tests with GUI.
Old open source projects:
- pyDoubles - Test doubles framework for Python
- DesktopRails - MVC framework for the .Net/Mono desktop
Apart from my professional life, my partner and I run a humble animal welfare non-profit in the Canary Islands. It's our small refuge for cats in need where we also have a big dog. I am vegan in reaction to the tremendous consequences that the meat industry have on our planet and our health and because I know what happens inside factory farms and slaughter houses.
I like to think that I develop software for a better world. First because it makes my users' life easier, and second because it gives me money to help animals in need.